Sixth Form Induction Day – 19th June
Year 11s joining Sixth Form
Due to the high uptake of numbers for our Sixth Form Induction Day on Wednesday 19th June we have had to amend lunch provision for students. We will be providing students with a main meal of their choice from the school canteen followed by a selection of sweet treats. The options available from the canteen will include:
· Pie (Beef or Quorn Sausage) with accompaniments
· Chicken Tikka Rice Pot
· Steak Bake
· Cheese and Onion Bake
· Pasta with various sauces
· Jacket Potatoes
· Sandwiches, Rolls & Salads
Sweet treats will include doughnuts, muffins and other sugary items so students have extra energy for our afternoon activities!
We look forward to seeing your child there.
Charlotte Wilson, Head of Sixth Form
Your child has been invited to attend the Sir William Robertson Academy Sixth Form induction day which will be taking place on Wednesday 19th June 2019. There will be opportunities for your child to become familiar with what their A Level/Level 3 BTEC studies will entail, as well as an exciting teambuilding afternoon so that they can to get to know each other and the sixth form team better.
- Order of the Day: Students will be introduced to what sixth form life entails in an assembly, followed by three taster lessons to prepare for their new subjects. The afternoon will be a variety of teambuilding activities.
- Arrival & Departure: Current Year 11 students of SWRA should arrive at 8:45am and report to D1 to register. External students should arrive at 8:30am and report to reception. The day will finish at the usual end of the school day, 3:10pm.
- Lunch: A variety of pizzas will be provided for lunch. If students would like additional or alternative food, they are welcome to bring a packed lunch or use their usual ParentPay account to purchase food from the canteen. We recommend that students bring bottled water with them.
- Uniform/Dress: On this day, students are expected to follow the sixth form dress code of ‘professional business dress’. Click to visit ‘Welcome to Sixth Form’ for guidance on this.
To confirm your child’s place on the induction day, please complete the consent form and return it to Miss Wilson or SWRA Main Reception by Friday 24th May so that your child’s taster lessons can be personalised.
Miss Wilson, Head of Sixth Form
Click to read: Sixth Form Induction Day – 19th June 2019 Letter