Ski Trip Italian Alps 2020
The PE Department has taken the pupils of SWRA skiing to the Alps for the past 30 years. Pupils have a great time whilst becoming more independent within a different cultural environment. We have made a booking with Interski to ski the Italian Alps at Courmayeur staying at the 4* Hotel Alpechiara to ski the wonderful Aosta Valley overlooking the highest mountain in Europe, Mont Blanc.
THE LAST PAYMENT IS DUE BY THE END OF NOVEMBER.
The price includes:
- Return executive coach travel from SWRA; 5/6 days of full skiing by qualified ski
- Instructor’s (24 hours of lessons); 5/6 nights half board accommodation (private facilities in all rooms)
- Fully supervised lunches at a mountain restaurant; 5/6 day lift pass; 5/6 day ski equipment hire
- (Skis, boots and sticks); A comprehensive evening entertainment programme such as ice skating, bum
- boarding, pizza evening, snow tubing, disco and presentation evening
- Pupils must wear a ski helmet (£10 supplement or free to take their own)
The physical and mental demands of skiing should not be underestimated. Students will need appropriate levels of stamina, determination and resilience to enjoy their week and also ensure that their ski group benefit from the course. When learning to ski it is likely that your child will be doing the equivalent of 100 press-ups per day. At the end of the course there is usually a great sense of pride, as students are awarded certificates in recognition of their achievements. GCSE PE students can also use skiing as one of their three assessed practical activities.
Just to make you aware that all students will require their own individual passports (with minimum 6 months validity).
Mr K Symmons and Mr Ian Statham
Final Ski Trip Letter:
Click to download: SWRA 2020 Final Ski Trip Letter
Click to download: SWRA Ski Coronavirus Letter 2020
Ski Trip Meeting Powerpoint:
Click to download: SWRA Ski Evening Presentation 2020