UKLA Book Awards – read all the reviews
The UKLA Book Awards, now in their 11th year, are the only book awards to be judged entirely by teachers. Past winners include Frances Hardinge and Sarah Crossan. Sir William Robertson Academy has three teachers on the judging panel – Mrs Ackland, Mrs Mullowney and Mr Collyer.
We need your help!
- We need your help to help us find the winner
- Your opinions will help us make our choice
- You might read something you’ve never considered reading before
- Reading for pleasure has enormous benefit both educationally and for your mental health
- Select one of the books from the UKLA longlist – Mrs Healey and Mrs Maplethorpe have these put to one side
- Read the book as quickly as you can
- Write a quick review on the template provided at the library – make sure you include your name and form so you can be rewarded
The UKLA group meets every 2 weeks in R11 – come along and tell us what you thought of your book.
Watch out for regular Book Talk slots in base time telling you a little more about the books.
Teachers/Staff Book Reviews
Our first three book reviews are in! Click here to read reviews from Mr Ganderton, Mrs Lawson and Mrs Rawding.
Our next three book reviews are now in! Click here to read reviews from Miss Earle, Mr Phillips and Mrs Sedger.
Click to read: Book reviews No. 3
Click to read: Book reviews No. 4
Click to read: Book reviews No. 5
Click to read: Book reviews No. 6
Click to read: UKLA Book Awards Powerpoint Presentation 2019